I'm wondering as a first time AirBnb user, what are some tips so people will let me rent their house

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I'm looking to rent an entire house but have never used AirBnB. What are some tips so that people let me rent?

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
No tips are necessary. I just signed up and used it. Maybe the site does a back ground check on people, IDK. Just try it, its not that difficult.

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
The North
Yeah, I can't think of any tips either other than the obvious. Be courteous to the owner of the property when first making contact (and during further correspondence as well, obviously), familiarize yourself with the rules outlined in the ad, live by them and in general behave like you would somewhere that's not your own dwelling. Once your stay is over, the owner of the property you rented can, and in my experience usually will give you a rating, and you can give one as well.

No real science to it, common sense will suffice.

Reactions: maxjohnson2

smirking

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
If you want to get the absolute best price possible, ask a programmer to book it for you. We'll study the locations and figure out how the pricing algorithms work before booking anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe