iMac Al 24" and Elgato EyeTV Hyrbrid

Discussion in 'iMac' started by GimmeSlack12, Jan 24, 2008.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

So this is the setup I have purchased and will be receiving soon enough. Anyone else use this combination of TV tuner and computer? My debate had been to buy a 24" iMac or get an HDTV and went with the Mac. Anyone use this as a TV in their bedroom, watching from about 15 feet away?

I'm curious for any experience with EyeTV Hybrid with console gaming too, and TV.

2. Locker macrumors 6502

I also have a 24" iMac and although I don't have the eyeTV Hybrid, I have the eyeTV for DTT and from that distance (siting on my bed), it looks great! I was really impressed with it for its size and price. After all, it's basically a pen drive. Sitting back with the Apple Remote and pausing live TV is just... useful! It's a breeze to set up too. I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I got the EyeTv Hybrid and 19" WS LCD (mini Core Duo) Most of the time,I use it as small screen while surfing the intertubes ..

And it's looks the same or better as my old crt tv that i had before i went with the EyeTv/mini setup.. :eek:

4. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I have the ALiMac 24 inch and the same elGato. Works fine here... loving it... have not recorded anything as yet however...

5. millap macrumors regular

Just been talking about this in this thread...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=420736

It would seem that the EyeTV 250 model is the only one that is suitable for gaming.

6. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I am so stoked to get this new hardware in my room and get rid of that crap CRT 19" plugged into my iBookG4.

Love my iBook.
    Loathe my CRT.