Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iMac and MacBook monitor calibration for photo prints

al404

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
I did search a little since I was thinking of getting a calibration hardware but as far as I read it seems most of them fail with iMac and some user raccomando to use the SMPTE RP 431-2-2007 DCI (P3) profile instead

I use Capture One Pro and have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) and iMac 5k 27 2017 I would like to use a print service that says:

Monitor
The correct preset of the monitor is the most important precondition of the colour management:

• The brightness of the monitor should lie between 90 and
    120 cd/qm
  • The colour temperature must be set at 5.000 Kelvin (D50).
  • The monitor gamma should be adjusted to 2.2.
The monitor must be calibrated in order to display the right colour and brightness.

How can I check gamma and temperature and especially how do I set correct brightness?
Should I turn off True Tone and auto light adjustment?
Can I set specific monitor profile active associated to Capture One? when I use C1 it automatically use that color profile

James_C

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
xRite iDisplay Studio should be able to correctly calibrate your iMac. I would contact their Presales number to be 100% sure. I have not used iDisplay Studio, but I have used one of the previous products to calibrate an Apple Cinema Display.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.