iMac and TV (Philips) as second monitor - handshake problems (greenish colors)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lars666, Jun 19, 2011.

1. lars666, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

lars666 macrumors 6502a

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem and hope that somebody mabye has a hint: I connected my iMac via Mini-Display-Port-to-HDMI-Adapter (on Thunderbolt port) to my Philips TV as a second monitor (to watch movies on it etc.). However, after a few minutes the TV always goes fully green for a second and after that, the colors are inverted to a green/turquoise mess - identical to the problem a lot of people (including me) with Philips and Sony TVs had with the new Apple TV until Apple finally fixed it with an update.

Does anybody know if I can also fix THIS "color inversion" problem with my TV? Am I screwed again only because of my Philips TV or does the reason lie somewhere else? Is trying another MDP-to-HDMI-adapter a chance or is this little thing not relevant for this problem? I also tried activating the "PC Modus" on my TV (which also was a hint with the old Apple TV handshake problem), but it doesn't work (and didn't with the Apple TV either).

Any hint is appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

2. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I normally never bump threads, so sorry for this - but I'm really desperate. I know that this problem isn't easy to hunt down as even for Apple it took months to finally update the AppleTV firmware to fix it. Nevertheless, I want to ask all the technical pros here if I have a chance to solve this handshake iMac-to-Philips-TV-problem. Does nobody else have this problem ...?

3. direct3d macrumors newbie

Hi, i have the same problem with 21.5-Inch iMac (Mid-2011) connected to Philips TV with MDP to HDMI adapter. Did you solve it?

4. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

bump for you to get this solved!

5. direct3d macrumors newbie