iMac Delivered

U

Unregistered

Wow! I want one now!

Wow, I kinda want one after looking at those pictures of the guy unpacking it. It just looks cool on his desk.

Then I remember it's only 1024x768 and I cool off again. If only they gave the option for a 17" LCD at 1280x1024 then I'd finally have the ideal upgrade for my Cube: close to 2x faster, Superdrive built in, and still pretty quiet. Oh well...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
so cool!

damn that thing is hot!

I'd really like to get a Pro Mouse like that one....

I may have to get one this year just to have it.... :p

U

Unregistered

::jealous as all heck::

i ordered mine on the 18th... hope it comes soon...

moby1

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2002
Sunny San Diego
I ordered mine this morning!

I place an order with MacConnection after I saw them quoting 7-14 days. They said that 700 or so were due on the 15th and 450 of those were sold so I guess I have 2 weeks of sleepless nights...

p.s. My local Apple store expected about 25 in very soon with 200+ people already on the waiting list.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by trinitishwar
Look at the size of those um, right, uh, speakers?
Next thing we know there'll be a class-action lawsuit against Apple putting phallic suggestions in their packing arrangement. :D

fuzzhack

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2002
Get your iMac today

Like everyone else I ordered my iMac after the keynote. Waiting for my "3-5 weeks" has been hell. So I went into my local Apple store and asked them if I could upgrade the shipping from ground to two day there, because I want it ASAP. They told me that starting today, Feb 1st, they are getting 6 macs a day. They call the first 6 people on thier list, but if all 6 people don't come in before they close, they will sell the remaining iMac's to you on the spot. So I canceled my online order, and bought it on the today. Get your iMac today. Try calling or visiting your local Apple store after 7pm and ask if everyone on the callback list has picked thier iMac's up. If not, ask them if you can buy one.

-patrick

U

Unregistered

iMac delivered

We ordered the new iMac from the Palo Alto store on January 7. The store called about noon today (2/1), and said we could pick it up. I am setting it up now and it is wonderful and gorgeous. We were told ours was the second iMac to leave the store.

macplus

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Hot orders

Heard from a friend today that a local elem. school has ordered 15 of the new ones to be distributed. I've seen plenty of iMac labs, but can't imagine what it would look like with the new model.

BTW, hope to catch a glimpse of one tomorrow at the local store!

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
Still not even "one" prototype shipped to Switz...

I'm waiting for these... and when they come and I can see them in person, I might just buy one!

davincijones

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2002
Akron. Ohio
I can't wait...

Man, seeing these pics make the wait for my new imac almost intolerable. I currently have a Duron based pc and can't wait to ditch it for a Macintosh. This is my first mac. I went to Art School for where all we used was Macs and fell in love with 'em.

samy85114

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2001
i would like to live in Usa... actually i'm living in Canada so i'm expecting 1 month of waiting (probalby more) before receiving my so beautiful iMac!! ... US first, canada 2nd!...
About this computer, it's so wonderful, but i'm wondering about the speakers performance, treble must be good but what about the bass.... anyway we'll see!

Those who already have their iMac... how lucky you are! :)
If one of the G4iMac-users is reading this right now, could you tell us more about the computer performance... !

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
did anyone notice the welcome screen on that thing, is that an osX thing, or is it just for the new imac?????

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
Originally posted by samy85114
i would like to live in Usa... actually i'm living in Canada so i'm expecting 1 month of waiting (probalby more) before receiving my so beautiful iMac!! ... US first, canada 2nd!...
About this computer, it's so wonderful, but i'm wondering about the speakers performance, treble must be good but what about the bass.... anyway we'll see!

If one of the G4iMac-users is reading this right now, could you tell us more about the computer performance... !
hey, get soundsticks with an isub GREAT SOUND im listening to em right now, heha get em they're like $200, or get that new mac speaker set up that harmon kardon put out, it's like all classy looking wood speakers. http://www.harman-multimedia.com/

techX

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2002
Originally posted by rekras
did anyone notice the welcome screen on that thing, is that an osX thing, or is it just for the new imac?????
That is the Mac OS X startup, when it asks you to register and setup iTools

Bill

U

Unregistered

Yes, and please post pictures of the iMac on your desk! That thing looks really cool once it's out of the sterile MacWorld environment. Anyone know of other links to new iMac pictures?

U

Unregistered

iSub?

Is the iSub still an option on the new G4 iMac? If you goto http://www.apple.com/speakers it talks about the Pro Speakers but only in reference to the PowerMac G4. It mentions that you can use the iSub with the Pro Speakers. I'm guessing that you can also use the iSub with the Pro Speakers on the iMac G4? If so, sweet! I like the looks of the Pro Speakers better than the SoundSticks anyway.

Can anyone confirm that the iMac G4/Pro Speakers should work with the iSub?

islygon

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2002
Taylorsville, UT
Still waiting

I am still waiting for mine too. Ordered it on the 11th. Anyone receiving shipping notices order near the end of the first week?

U

Unregistered

Netscape 6.2 won't display the photos

Homepage.mac.com uses browser detection code that thinks that all versions of Navigator are the same, and can use layers. Netscape 6.2 can't use layers, but the code handed out to it does, so the photos won't display. It should be recoded to deliver the same code to Netscape 6.x that it delivers to IE.