Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vic20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
Hi I have a G3 DV SE 500mhz imac that is rippling when menus are selected. It seems to be more so when being used for longer periods of time. Is this a foreshadowing of a power supply problem or is the CRT going out? Thanks-

vic20 said:
Hi I have a G3 DV SE 500mhz imac that is rippling when menus are selected. It seems to be more so when being used for longer periods of time. Is this a foreshadowing of a power supply problem or is the CRT going out? Thanks-

This is a PAV board probelm not CRT... The 500's had some truble with that , I had 2 of mine go out... Hope this helps...

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i dont know if this is possible or not but on several crt monitors that i have had i was able to degauss it? i dont know what that is but if i was having problems with the monitor it always made things look clearer etc. well that was aftera few seconds as at first it makes a funny noise then the screen wobbles around.
i dont know if any of this is possible on hte crt imacs but that is my idea. otherwise i would say that it looks like hte crt tube could be going.

russed said:
i dont know if this is possible or not but on several crt monitors that i have had i was able to degauss it? i dont know what that is but if i was having problems with the monitor it always made things look clearer etc. well that was aftera few seconds as at first it makes a funny noise then the screen wobbles around.
i dont know if any of this is possible on hte crt imacs but that is my idea. otherwise i would say that it looks like hte crt tube could be going.

True check that first (does not cost money)... If that does not work, I'm sure the PAV Board is bad....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.