Imac G4 or G5 Tower 1.6?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mocman, May 8, 2004.

  1. mocman macrumors regular

    May 8, 2004
    Hi Guys, I have had a powerbook for a few months and loved it. I have been a Pc guys for years and now want more!
    I sold my Powerbook because I never took it out of my house. I went down to the Apple store and looked at the new Imacs 1.25 17" and loved it.
    But also I read that if I buy a G5 to get the Dual processors instead of the single. I only have about $2000.00 budget for my purchase. I need to know what you guys would recommend me to do? I will be editing photo etc.I have a Lcd 19" monitor that I could use on the G5.
    Please Help me guys and Thanks in Advance.........
  2. abc123 macrumors 6502

    Apr 26, 2004
    wait a bit, the g5 is due for an update and possible price cut to go along with it.
  3. marano macrumors member


    Dec 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    I would wait till after WWDC if you can - rumors say a all dual processor powermac line up and a iMac G5, If you can't wait I would stay away from the iMac since it is a bit of a poor value right now ($799 for a more powerful emac) and go for a G5 since you alreay have a LCD you can use - The Apple Store is currently selling Dual 1.8GHZ's for $1999

Share This Page