IMAC G5 Studio Photographer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rosesposes, Nov 29, 2009.

1. rosesposes macrumors newbie

Ive been a photographer since 1982 and 4 years ago I "went digital". I import my pictures via card reader into Iphoto then show the pictures to my customers on a separate monitor plugged into the back of my Imac G5. The cable plugs into the last hole on the right of the back of my imac and the other end of the cable has two big screws that plug into my monitor cable. I cant remember the name of the cable, but the cable has gone bad after years of unplugging it. Im really wanting to show my pictures on either a bigger monitor, a big tv screen or a projection screen using a projector. I need something compatible with my Imac. What does anyone out there recommend? Also I cant afford to spend a lot of money!! thanks for any input...rose

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You're not just looking to replace the broken cable? :confused:

Does the cable's connector look like this or like this? (Or the female equivalents.)

3. rosesposes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks...it is the dvi connector. I was thinking about a new method of showing my pictures and what ever method I go with may require a different connection. I dont know, that may be the connection for any of the ways I go with, Im not to familiar with all that. The only thing I dont like about the method Ive been using is for one thing the monitor is too small, about a 15 inch, and when I plug it in to the back of my mac my mac screen gets smaller. This may happen which ever way I go, bigger monitor, tv, projection, I dont know. Do you have any ideas? Thanks, Rose