iMac handle

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2002
The weirdest thing has recently occured to my iMac. Out of nowhere the arm was able to rotate a full 360 degrees but then when i move it up and down it makes strange noises and is very rigid in its movement. If anyone knows how to help me, please do!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: iMac handle

Originally posted by dualburn001
The weirdest thing has recently occured to my iMac. Out of nowhere the arm was able to rotate a full 360 degrees but then when i move it up and down it makes strange noises and is very rigid in its movement. If anyone knows how to help me, please do!
All i can say is that i hope you have applecare. because its gonna cost you.

iJon

dualburn001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2002
dont want to get annoying, but the arm is really pissing me of now nd id love neones help

MisterBlack

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2002
Originally posted by dualburn001
dont want to get annoying, but the arm is really pissing me of now nd id love neones help
Translates to "I don't want to get annoying, but the arm is really pissing me off now, and I'd love anyone's help."

This is in reference to his original comment about the malfunctioning iMac arm.
Unfortunately, confused "huh?"-type response will not get him on the phone with tech support any more quickly. I am inclined to agree with iJon. Computers are guaranteed to break; how they choose to do so is the only question. Applecare is the answer for quick and free fixes.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
when you think about it, the imacs have been out for less than a year. that means your imac is covered under warranty, but only for a couple more months. take it in, get it fixed, and buy applecare for that nice imac of yours. i guarentee you that there isnt a single part in that imac besides ram that is cheaper than that applecare. buy it, best investment you will ever make.

iJon