iMac i5/i7 and Apple Premium Resellers:It's a scandal

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Albysuperstar, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Albysuperstar macrumors newbie

Hi all you guys.
    I ordered my i7 on October 28th from the biggest APR here in Belgium. The guy at the store checked today my order, and the status is still undetermined, it means the stupid "November" statement.
    I asked him how is it possible that the rest of the planet is already playing with their new toy, and me, buying the iMac from an APR, i'm still waiting without any further information.
    The replay was: "We are JUST premium reseller, and Apple is not considering us at ALL, I apologize for this fact but is simply reality. If you want you can cancel you order, or wait, like I'm doing". He show me their order status (60 iMac i5/i7) and none shipped during 1 month. Unbelivable.

So, dear Apple, if you are listening, the APRs are you unique point of presence in many countires, like Belgium for instance. They work hard to provide good service, and the logistic management should be considered in a better way, especially because the APR (and not YOU) are facing the customers, that is your ONLY value.

Greetings

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Apple does the orders made from their Online Store first and then, when they can manufacture enough iMacs for orders, they start to ship them to resellers. Only big resellers like Best Buy and Amazon gets them earlier than others, I guess

3. samosienamaluje macrumors newbie

I ordered my i7 on the fist week of november here in poland... they said that imacs will be shipped after christmas!! Crap!

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Why not just order from the Apple online Belgium store? :confused:

5. Kuski macrumors member

Exactly what I was thinking...

Maybe there was some special offer they had?

6. johnrs macrumors 6502a

was thinking the same thing

7. Jouhne macrumors member

That's what I did... ordering online with the Apple Store here in Belgium.
    Well so it goes like that :
    Ordered : November 2 -> delivery 'November'
    Today i've got an e-mail : Shipping November 18 -> delivery before December 1...

This is not better than Cami or MacLine :)

Attached Files:

8. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Then the OP would have nothing to complain about. :rolleyes:

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Authorized resellers are last on the totem pole in terms of getting product.

10. Tamos macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm from belgium as well and ordered an i7 at Macalike on October 27... Is it possible for you to post on this thread when you have some more news about your order?? This waiting really sucks :) ! Thanks!

11. Uncle Pinny macrumors regular

Uncle Pinny

I don't understand what the problem is. It's hardly surprising Apple is taking care of direct orders as a priority.

12. Albysuperstar thread starter macrumors newbie

You can bet on it. My APR told me that, knowing Apple and his ridiculous policy to simply ignore the APR orders until production reach the highest possible levels, the f***ing iMac will arrive in December, this mean much more than 1 month of waiting.

At this point, the APR are completely useless and they should close. Apple must inform their customers that the APR are not able to satisfy the orders becouse Apple itself is not considering them as Partners.

13. tompenpark macrumors newbie

Cancel it and order direct from Apple might be faster ?