Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calatis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Does anybody knows what is the refresh rate on this display? 5ms? 2ms? I can not find any specs regarding this matter.

Calatis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
1200$ that I paid for this computer and considering the all the fantastic reviews that display received, I relay like to know based on what, just on the fantastic look? Numbers, those are the real deal. This is not art, is science, at least for some people.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
1200$ that I paid for this computer and considering the all the fantastic reviews that display received, I relay like to know based on what, just on the fantastic look? Numbers, those are the real deal. This is not art, is science, at least for some people.
i think the problem is it IS art. ;) I've never seen an iMac review mention the refresh of the monitors at all. It's usually Largely irrelevent outside of gaming. They're much more likely to concentrate on clarity, brightness and colour reproduction. To be fair my iMacs display has always seemed impressively ghosting free compared to my much more expensive samsung monitor, so presumably the refresh is decent.. Nowhere near 2ms though.

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
What you are looking for is pixel response time, not pixel refresh rate. The refresh rate for almost all LCD's is 60hz.

The response time for grey to grey for most IPS displays is anywhere from 8-25ms, depending on the panel. Without knowing which exact panel is in the iMac, we can't say for certain. However, like Badger stated, only TN panels reach 2ms times, usually through some trickery.

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
Wait, so you already own one?

How does it look?

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that how its looks to you is all that should *really* matter, regardless of what the "numbers" are.

Numbers can be really misleading. If all were to go by was response time, I would rather have a 10ms IPS/PVA panel over a 2ms TN panel everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

I use a 24" Dell 2405 (PVA) with a 12ms and a Dell 2001 (S-IPS) with 16ms and they are perfect in everyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.