Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2001
Texas
Please help! I have a rev a iMac. It's great! I recently bought a GameWizard VOODOO II 8MB card for it to go in the Mezzanine slot, but when I openned up the case and looked, there were no connectors for the slot! AHHH!!! I have a handicapped rev A iMAC!!!

Thinking back, I remember I had my logic board replaced due to a bad sound card (under warranty) and realized that the Apple board that was put in was one made without the connector for the Mezz slot. (Apple doesn't support the slot) The board has the metal contacts where the plastic connector piece would sit, but there is no such piece.

If there is any rev A iMac owner (233Mhz Bondi Blue), and you never intend to buy the Game Wizard card or use your mezz slot on the logic board. Or if you have a rev A imac just sitting around, perhaps half broken or whatever, then please consider a very helpful donation of your logic board. I would pay all shipping and would also give you my WORKING logic board. The only thing is that it doesn't have the mezzanine slot that hardly anyone uses! Please post any help. Or if you think I'm just nuts then that's cool too. REmember my main board is only 3 months old from Apple. Yes they still make replacements for the original iMac.. amazing! So let me know what you think! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.