iMac now or later

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by blumie607, Dec 7, 2003.

  1. blumie607 macrumors newbie

    Sep 6, 2003
    I am thinking of getting a new iMac 20 inch. But I have been reading some rumors that the iMacs might get updated at MWSF. Would it be a good idea to buy one now or wait?
  2. mwjd299 macrumors regular

    Nov 9, 2003
    Santa Maria, CA
    I would wait until MWSF, it's only a few weeks away. Even if they don't announce a new iMac, they may lower the price. I bought the 20" the day after Thanksgiving with the $200 off at the Apple Store. I went there expecting to get nothing, I was surprised at the special for that day only. If they had not been running that special, I would have waited until MWSF.
    This 20" screen is awesome, you WILL like it!! I'm also a switcher and this is my first MAC. :D
  3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

    Dont Hurt Me

    Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    depends on how bad you need or want one, i feel we may hear the news around MWSF but we wont see a new machine till march. one more thing apple could introduce a new imac or maybe a new form factor consumer tower? Waiting on the mac world means usually 2 things, less cost and faster computers. it would be great to have a new machine under the christmas tree but patience is a virtue and this has been even more so with moto's inability to move forward. wait and get a g5 machine is my advice. G4 is on the way out THANKGOD! i mean Steve Jobs.
  4. blumie607 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 6, 2003
    Thanks for the advice, guys. I guess I'll be waiting till MWSF. I really hope they unveil some 20th Anniversary thingy.

    Oh Well

Share This Page