Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sweetaction

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2001
seattle, wa
yeah right

Are you kidding me? Look at the scale between the size of the CD and the ports. Its fun to be stoked about stuff, but dont be a fool.

davester

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2001
Perth, Australia
Hihihi!

Yes, they're iMac pictures, but not the real McCoy.

Come back when you've got something abit more.. believable, eh?

The varying distance between the outer edge of the speakers to the edge of the plastic should surely ring alarm bells.

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
I just said I found them... someone sent me the URL and I posted it...

networkman

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2002
california, usa
looks reasonable and simple

therefore, i think the new lcd imac, when it comes out sometime (hopefully) in 2002, will look something like this

other more wild lcd imac designs don't seem that realistic but would sure be nice though

i like the simple ports in the back but the side would also be good, if not better

if this is the imac, i hope it starts at $799.00 if possible and the upper end imac surpasses 1 ghz...but that may be asking too much too soon

i have looked in my local weekly paper and there are two imacs for sale relatively cheap...something i have never seen before in such a small newspaper and i am sure they are awaiting an lcd imac or something better than what apple has right now with their current machines (which, by the way, are still much cooler than pc machines)

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
looking at these a bit closer.

The two plugs on the back of the iMac on the left look like the power plugin. similar to the Apple Displays

Looks like ethernet, 56k moden, 2 FireWire, 2 USB, and looks like they threw in the video out put from the iBook.

I like the side loading CDROM

Speakers look fine, kind of an ibook style. Start button on front looks normal. Looks like the cover of the iBook for the back... The display itself looks like an Apple studio mix to it...

This is a pretty good design... I didn't have a good look at it until now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.