Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkipperRi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Rijeka, Croatia
Hello,

I have a huge problem with my iMac Pro connecting with 2big Dock Thunderbolt™ 3 over the Thunderbolt 3.

So, LaCie works fine over the USB 3.1, but over Thunderbolt 3 nothing. I installed LaCie Desktop Manager and LaCie RAID Manager. And, LaCie RAID Manager see my 8TB disk, I can modify RAID Array, but iMac does not see any disks.

According to this thread on Apple Forums https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8430223 the problem is related to the Marvell Seminconductor which is necessary for Thunderbolt 3. Unfortunately, in installation process software does not ask to allow connection in Security & Privacy.

I installed macOS Mojave from scratch, and nothing, the problem is still there.

LaCie support is useless, five days after I opened ticket nobody answered.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I know certain versions earlier versions of some TB3 chipsets in external enclosures from other vendors have problems on mac. The newer ones should be ok. Sounds like you may have an outdated one.

SkipperRi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Rijeka, Croatia
I know certain versions earlier versions of some TB3 chipsets in external enclosures from other vendors have problems on mac. The newer ones should be ok. Sounds like you may have an outdated one.

Thanks. It’s hard to believe in that scenario, because this is brand new product, and especially designed and approved by Apple. I don’t know, maybe should return this dock...

SkipperRi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Rijeka, Croatia
Today I updated LaCie RAID Manager to the latest version. After installation Mac finally asked to allow blocked Marvell Semiconductor. Obviously I allowed that, and hopefully restart my iMac Pro. Unfortunately, Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 3 connection still doesn’t working. Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.1 is ok. Frankly I don’t know what’s the problem now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.