iMac Speed Boost: Too early or just in time?

marcelo002

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Owego, NY
It's getting pretty obvious that the G4 towers are soon to be upgraded with speeds of over 1 GHz and possibly a new case. How likely is it that along with the Tower upgrades, there will also be a speed upgrade in the other hardware, more specifically the iMacs, which are only 800 MHz, and also the tibooks?

coolocity

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2002
Central New York
The iMacs need it, but I doubt they will get it after that upgrade at the expo. I could be wrong.. I would love to see a speed boost, but I bet we won't see it for a while.

- John

daveg5

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2001
the imacs have not gotten a speed boost since thier introduction in janurary, they did get a price increase however and the 2 lower models still have that increase, anyway i expect a minimum increase of 100 right after the powermacs are introduce and the addition of L3 cache on the top 2 units,
with no more price increases and 100 of the bottom 2 units.
no facts just a easily obtainable wish

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
i think its more dependant on whether apple thinks anything can share the spotlight with jaguar and new pro machines. My guess is you won't see it at the same time.

D

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by daveg5
no facts just a easily obtainable wish
Since when has that ever gotten us anything? :rolleyes:

I sincerely doubt we'll see any more iMac updates for awhile yet, given the so-called refresh this past MWNY. But then again, who knows... maybe Apple will surprise us.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
They need one...... the fact that they haven't had an increase since they were released means they're certainly due for one.....

IMHO though, I reckon that August will see the PowerMacs etc. etc. and that we may see the iMac G4 get a speed increase in early September...... it'd be cool to get it to 1Ghz..... I think they'd fly off the shelves if they were released at that speed, but I think 933 is more likely........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.