iMac won't wake up with recent Lion install after it goes to sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by danmc00, Feb 7, 2012.

1. danmc00 macrumors regular

I bought Lion when it came out and I have consistently had a problem with the computer going to sleep like it should, but when I come to wake it up, it won't. The mouse and keyboard act like they are being seen. I can push the power button on the back and it will wake up, but the mouse and keyboard won't work. I have to do a hard reboot to get everything working again.

I went back to Snow Leopard for a couple of months and just reinstalled Lion on my new SSD drive. 2 days later it's back to it's old ways of not waking up. This never happened with Snow Leopard installed.

I don't want to pay Apple for a phone call and was hoping someone here could help me out.

2. danmc00 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone else had this problem???

I tried to disconnect the keyboard and mouse and repair them which seemed to work for a couple of days, but it did it again today. The only way to use the computer after this happens is to do a hard reboot, but I've heard that can cause your hard drive to fail if you do it too much. Probably why my stock hard drive crashed so soon.