Image sending size option?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aibo82, Dec 5, 2011.

1. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Hi

How many would like to see an image send size option?

8mp pictures take ages to send for me and 1080p video is nice but sometimes I'd like lesser!

Just options like VGA 720p & 1080p
    Then for pics 3mp 5mp 8mp

Do you think apple will do this? Because if the size goes up every year they will be a pig to send!!

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

There's already an image size option.

Have you actually sent any images with your iphone?

3. aleni macrumors 68020

Email has the option. But not in imessage which is sad. Sending camera pics through imessage is sooo slow because of this. Not everyone have 200000mbps like in apple campus, and apple just forgot bout that. Maybe in the next update it will include the option in imessage setting.

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Good point.

I tried to text some pics last night, and it took forever; I thought it was Sprint's network . . .

5. aleni macrumors 68020

Try grabbing some low image resolution from google like the one with size less than 200Kb and try sending it to you friend through imessage, it's fast! So the point is imessage sends the images taken from 4S camera uncompressed.

6. aibo82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes all the time so point me to the option when I take a photo with the 4S of selecting a image size option such as 5mp or 3mp other then the larger 8mp?

I am fully aware you can crop but not take lower resolution photos for texts.

Thanks

7. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Like we've already discussed above, you can when emailing, but not when using imessage.