Imagine after 300 charge cycles...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andymac2210, Nov 11, 2011.

1. andymac2210 macrumors regular

You think the battery life is bad now?

Imagine it after the battery is cycled a few hundred times, you're looking at about 6 months from now the way it's guzzling juice at the moment.
    Then you've got a very expensive phone with 2 hours of battery life.

:eek:

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Then, I'd go to the Apple Store and have them fix it!

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

4. cababah macrumors 68000

I hope the next iPhone increases the capacity to 1000 charge cycles like the laptop batteries.

However, battery removal/replacement is so ridiculously easy on the iPhone4/4S compared to the previous phones that it doesn't really concern me anymore. Definitely not worth paying the $100 to have Apple do it.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

I use and charge my 4S just like I did my 4 for sixteen months, the 4 is still working fine in a family member's hands today.

If it shouldn't do so for some reason, then AppleCare+ T&C 3.1.ii covers repair if battery capacity has depleted 50% or more from original specification. :D

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

You have 400 full charge cycles until the battery goes to 80% and AppleCare+ covers you should the battery drop below 50%. Having said that my iPhone4 (with 5.0.1) is at 80% after 10+ hours (WiFi + 3G on). My wife's iPhone4S chews battery a little quicker but she still only charges it overnight.

7. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

After 3 years I just had to replace my 3GS battery because it felt it was getting shorter. I would think the current iPhone 4S battery is like the batteries Apple uses in their notebook computers and would be rated to 1000 cycles, which is enough for the 2+ years on your device.

9. DroidRules macrumors 65816

What? FUD? Noooooo way! Best thread ever!

10. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 4 has already gone through 351 cycles, I know this because of a program called "BatteryDetective", and it shows that it has only a wear of appox 6 percent.

If its accurate then I would have to say its really amazing to still have 95 percent of original capacity after more than a year and 350 cycles.

Also, I would like to pinpoint that, under the program BatteryDetective, it has shown many times that my wear level has increased and max ws 12 percent. But after a few cycles, its come up. May be the calibration thing or someting, I dont know.

But over all m really happy with my iPhone 4's Battery.

----------

Also, I would like to know what are the stats from other people's iPhone 4. If by any chance, someone has the app called "BatteryDetective". It would be really helpful to compare and understand.

And the reason I mention that app is because I doubt there is any other such app in cydia. And obviously, apple wouldnt allow such apps. ;)

11. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

My old iPhone 4 battery that is over 16 months old is as good today as it was the day I bought it.

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You need to get over it.

The 4S is no different than the 4 when it was introduced. There was nothing but complaints about poor battery life of which all calmed down after a few updates.

Everyone wants such thin and sleek phones with the hottest processors and wonders where the battery power is going. Apple should have offered a low powered processor model for those who never sleep and can not never plug their phone in to charge.

Ther are 3 and 4 year old iPhones who's battery is just fine. I do not know about you but I will care less about my new 4S when the iPhone 5 is introduced in less than a year from now!