iMessage Deliver means?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macno0b, Oct 10, 2013.

1. macno0b macrumors newbie

i know it means the message has been delivered to the iDevice not Read but my question is: If the receiving iDevice doesn't have internet/3g/4g/lte connection, will the iMessage status say Delivered on the sending iDevice too?

2. appleofmy"i" macrumors regular

appleofmy"i"

No it will not. It may actually instead try to send as a text message.

3. Fedmahn Kassad macrumors regular

No. It'll try to deliver as text if you have that option enabled. If, for whatever reason, it can't be sent as text either then it'll notify you with a red exclamation that there was a problem sending.

4. macno0b thread starter macrumors newbie

it doesn't say any status and it's blue. Does it mean the receving iDevice has no internet connection? so to sum up

Delivered: receiving iDevice has internet connection and the message is received but not read

No status, blue message: receiving iDevice has no internet connection and the message is in iCloud waiting to be sent when the receiving iDevice has internet connection again?

5. Siderz macrumors 6502a

If it doesn't say delivered, then that means it hasn't been delivered, there's nothing more to it.

Only the most recent message can say delivered/read, any messages before that will have been delivered/read unless you get the failed to send error.