imessage doesnt always say delivered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Leon12, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Leon12 macrumors newbie

Hello

I just have a quick question about imessages. Sometimes in a message thread on my iphone I have noticed that it doesn't always say delivered next to some of the imessages (next to / under the blue bubbles) that I have sent where as it does say it on some others. I think that the messages where it doesn't say It are still getting through to the recipient as the conversation has continued as I would have expected it to after the message where it doesn't say delivered. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Some of the messages will also have date and time information under / next to them and other don't seem to have this. Again does anyone know what this might mean - Could any if this mean there is a problem?

If it helps I have an iphone 4 and am running ios 6.1.3

Many Thanks

Leon

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Sending multiple texts fast? It will only show delivered on the most recent message. I did a quick test; it will usually flash delivered for a quick second before moving into te next. But if you are fast, or have a spotty/slow Internet connection, that might be why you aren't getting a delivered confirmation on each.

4. Partridge macrumors 6502

Not everyone has read receipts turned on. I have mine turned off because I really don't need people knowing when I've read something and expecting a prompt response.

5. YooperHunter macrumors newbie

Me too. I can usually read stuff but not always respond. And some people get pretty anal about replies.

6. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Think you hit this right on the head...

7. Leon12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help everyone. Is there a way to have the 'Delivered' appear under normal sms messages (green bubbles) on text message threads?

Thanks

8. hafr macrumors 68030

No, but your carrier most likely has an option to send you a delivery report when the text is received. Back in the day, I know I could set this up in my phone by just activating the option in the phone menu OR add something like *0# in the beginning of every text (so two ways of doing the same thing). Talk to your carrier (or just google you carrier's name +delivery reports) :)