All Devices iMessage from my Dad and I to each other that we didn't send

Works4Me

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Canada
Hi all:

I'm a bit mystified, so I hope you don't mind my asking. I got a text supposedly from my father that I thought wasn't from him. It was a vector image of a what looks like a male older golfer holding up one hand with his finger on his lips. This was immediately followed up by a text that said simply "U47." I didn't reply. My dad phoned me and got the exact same message from me. Both were supposedly sent from our icloud.com IDs. He has an iPad, and I have a couple of computers, an iPhone, and iPad.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened here? Any help would be very much appreciated!

nicho

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2008
Hi all:

I'm a bit mystified, so I hope you don't mind my asking. I got a text supposedly from my father that I thought wasn't from him. It was a vector image of a what looks like a male older golfer holding up one hand with his finger on his lips. This was immediately followed up by a text that said simply "U47." I didn't reply. My dad phoned me and got the exact same message from me. Both were supposedly sent from our icloud.com IDs. He has an iPad, and I have a couple of computers, an iPhone, and iPad.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened here? Any help would be very much appreciated!
Are you sure this wasn't a group message from a 3rd party?

Works4Me

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Canada
Good question and I'd never thought of that. But I couldn't see any other address other than my Dad's. And of course, I've deleted the message so I can't double-check....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.