iMessage integration finally works!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndpitch, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ndpitch macrumors 6502

Not sure if anyone else is happy about this or not. But I've been waiting for this for along time. All messages are synched between my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Makes my life a little easier.

One of my favorite things in iOS 6 and OS 10.8.2. I've had it working for a few days pretty seamlessly now.

2. rritterson macrumors 6502

It's 99% for me. If I send/receive a bunch of messages while the laptop is asleep, upon wake I will first see all the incoming messages as a block, then all of the outgoing ones, instead of threading them by the time stamp.

3. norwegian wood macrumors regular

This only works if you are messaging someone who is also using iMessage and not texting you from a cellphone that's not an iPhone correct?

4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Correct.

Though I certainly wish it could be rigged otherwise. Plenty of my friends don't have iPhones and replying to their texts from my MBA or iMac would be awesome. Oh wellllll

5. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple's ecosystem. :)

6. ndpitch thread starter macrumors 6502

That would certainly be sweet. Luckily for me, all of the important people in my life have iPhones. I could almost cancel texting at this point.

7. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Do I need to enable any settings for this? I don't see any texts on my iPad that I received from my wife who sends to my phone via iMessage.

8. ndpitch thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes.

For me, I made sure my "receive at" addresses were both my apple id and my phone number. I also made all of my devices have the same caller id, in my case, my phone number. It seemed to take a day to take effect. Since then, flawless though.

9. ek9max macrumors regular

I was overjoyed with mountain lion 10.8.2 because of this!

Love it!