iMessage question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ras119, Feb 20, 2012.

1. ras119 macrumors newbie

Hello, i have a friend that had an iPhone 4S but just recently got a Droid Razr Maxx. My iPhone still thinks he has one and sends texts to him through iMessage. He can text me no problem but obviously he doesn't get my texts because he doesn't have iMessage anymore. I have tried deleting his contact, turning iMessage off and then back on and none of that works. The only thing in his contact is his phone number (no email or anything). Anyone know what this problem is?

In order for me to text him I have to send it as an iMessage and then highlight it and say send as text message and I don't really wanna do that every time I text him lol.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

He should have turned off iMessage before switching phones. I think it lapses eventually, but can take a bit. Does he still have it? He can reactivate his iPhone, turn iMessage off, then switch back to the Droid.

3. ras119 thread starter macrumors newbie

No he returned his iPhone. Oh well hopefully it will fix itself soon.

4. whoathere macrumors 6502

whoathere

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's odd. Does his contact info has his phone number in the iPhone field? I'm sure it's no fix just curious.

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

You have his number saved as iPhone instead of mobil in his contact just edit his contact to show that and it will send it as a text instead :apple:

6. ras119 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I did have it as mobile and not iPhone but I just checked it and it's fixed now but thank you guys for the suggestions.

7. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Then what was it?

8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

The iMessages go to any device with Messages that is logged into his iTunes account. I turned on my old 3GS about a month after getting my 4S just so I could run Pandora off of its WiFi and it spent a good twenty minutes receiving all of my old iMessages.

If you get rid of a device make sure you complete restore it as a new phone. That's the safest bet.

9. ras119 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know haha I just went to text him and it worked.