iMessage question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by migdaddy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. migdaddy macrumors 6502

Is there anyway for me to find out if someone has read my iMessage that i sent them? They have the Read Receipt OFF, so it always says delivered. Is there an app or something that I can find out if my message(s) are being read, without them turning on the read receipt?

We both have 4s's on 6.1.3

Thanks.

2. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Nope. If they have read receipts disabled, you are out of luck.

3. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

4. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

If there ever is a way, I would consider it a huge breech of my privacy. I hope there never is a way to know if a message has been read without consent from the user in some sort of app or os setting.

5. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

6. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Old "feature" phones on Verizon, to other Verizon phones, would have an indicator showing that the message was delivered, and when it was read (a "D" and a "check mark" I do believe). Would be in the top left corner of each text message. If sent to a non-verizon phone, it would just have the "D".

Pretty sure there was no setting for that, could be wrong. Oh, and the same was true on my BB Storm, so not just on the "feature" phones now that I think about it. Not really a breech of privacy, IMO. Of course you're free to your own opinion. Letting you know it was delivered is sufficient enough, although not always accurate.

What I wish we could do, is have the read-receipt setting for each contact...there's some people that I wouldn't mind knowing when I opened their text and others not so much. Shouldn't be a global setting.

7. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree 100%. Hopefully in the near future this is an option. That would actually be really amazing.