iMessage Search Broken?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thesaint580, Sep 19, 2013.

1. thesaint580 macrumors member

Upgraded to iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and for some reason, I cannot get the search to work in iMessage. My wife uses a 4S and it works fine on hers after upgrading to iOS7. Anyone else having this problem? Tried restarting, force quitting, hard reset etc.

It only works when someone sends in a message and I can then search them. Any ideas? Thanks

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Describe the problem.

3. Dented macrumors 6502a

Yep I'm seeing the same, search is only finding messages received since the update. I have a large stash of messages (dating back to my iPhone 3G of 2008) so this is pretty noticeable!

I did wonder whether it just needs to reindex and it'll do that in the background at some point (or perhaps is already doing it)..

----------

Assuming it's the same problem I'm seeing, search either through spotlight or the messages app itself will return no message results on any terms *unless* they appear in messages received since the Ios 7 upgrade. So for most people that means search only goes back 24 hours, any older messages will not be found.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

That's interesting. It kind of makes sense, but then again...not.

5. ATC macrumors 6502a

Same issue here on my iPhone 5. Search returnes only results from messages that were sent or received after the update to iOS 7. Pretty annoying.