iMessage STILL not sending through my phone number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dandalph, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Dandalph macrumors newbie

Sep 14, 2012
    Hey all,

iMessage is sending messages through my email rather than my phone number.

I've restarted my phone and selected my phone number AFTER it was greyed out and I couldn't send anything through my phone number.

My phone number is now checked with my email being checked as well. In settings I have "start new iMessages through my phone number" checked, however when I send a message through my phone number I never get the "delivered" message in my chat window.

However, when using my email address it delivers without an issue.

Anyone else experiencing this and have tips/advice to get it working?

Again, my phone number IS checked, it wasn't before, but after a restart of my phone I was allowed to check it again.

Thanks for any/all help - hope not TOO many people are experiencing this!
  2. jester0723 macrumors regular

Sep 6, 2011
    I got my iMessage to work with my Mac, iPad, and iPhone but it took a while. I deactivated it on all the devices and signed out of my Apple ID. Then I enabled it on the iPhone and made sure the ID was set to my phone number. Then, when I reenabled it on my other devices I re signed into my Apple ID and the phone number finally showed up.

Basically I played around with turning it on and off and signing in and out on my 3 devices until it worked. Now it's totally worth it - I can text my friends back while I'm working on my computer or in class without even taking out my phone and the whole conversation syncs back to my phone so I don't miss anything. I love it.