iMessage stopped working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Oct 12, 2012.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

this just started happening to me in the last hour. every person is showing green send button and sending texts and not imessage. anyone have this happen before? is it something with my phone or apple?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Have you tried restarting your iPhone? Regular turn OFF with slide, then turn back ON.

3. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Yeah or if a regular reset doesnt work try a hard reset (hold top and home button until phone completly shuts off)

4. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes done both reset and hard reset. did nothing. hasnt worked for about 4 hrs now. thinking about restoring phone but read where others may be having this issue and its not working for them. my phone is falling apart. app store, imessage, phone calls dropping.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

iMessage has outages and interruptions like everything else.

6. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

how long so some of these issues last before they attempt to fix. app store is down and so is this. i dont have apple care so they didnt care when i called.

7. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Really that sucks i have absolutely no problem with my phone...definetly try a clean restore

8. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Have you checked your settings to see if iMessage is turned on?

I don't remember what I was doing, but I changed some setting unrelated to iMessage, and it turned iMessage off too. Forgot which one it was.

9. darster Suspended

Also check in settings, messages and see if Send and Receive is your phone number and not an email address.

10. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

this was it!!! i dont think i did anything today to change settings. i reset my phone alot trying to app store to work but went in and imessage was turned off.

oh thank you guys for all the suggestions. This site is wonderful. saves me from going crazy.