iMessages no longer in sync since upgrade to iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LixLev, Sep 21, 2012.

1. LixLev macrumors regular

I upgraded my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to iOS 6 on Wednesday as well as my Mac to 10.8.2 and merged my phone number and email address. Everything went perfect from there, all my sent and received iMessages to/from any device showed up on all 3.

Today I bought my iPhone 5, and things have gone a bit weird. All my sent messages show up on all 3, but not my received messages. I have checked all the settings and they're all exactly the same as they were yesterday, so I don't know what may have changed.

Anyone else having this problem or know what it may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. fins831 macrumors 6502a

did you disable imessage on the 4s?

maybe you need to unregister the 4s from your profile, de-activate iMessage on iPhone 5, and activate it again, and make sure the settings are correct again.

check your profile

https://supportprofile.apple.com

3. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks very much for that. Yeah I did disable it all on the 4S, I think the issue was that I did it after enabling it on the 5. I ended up deactivating on everything, then reactivating but doing the iPhone 5 first so it all works now. Thanks again for the advice!

4. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Glad to hear it man, congrats on the iPhone 5