Immigrant Melania Has To Remind Trump To Be a Patriot During White House Easter Egg Roll

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Apr 18, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah...what a sad state of affairs when an immigrant has to remind a citizen on what to do when the anthem is played. :rolleyes: Even his young son Barron knew what to do. But not Donald! He was just too self absorbed looking at the crowd below. The man really does live in his own little world. The singer was right next to him! Can't get any closer. Yet even then he couldn't catch a clue. (Beautiful singing by the way!)

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/04/17/immigrant-remind-donald-trump-patriot.html

Melania Trump, making Trump a Patriot Again. It makes me wonder what else she is correcting him on.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Too bad she did not give him a kick. From what I have heard they almost failed at even having this event.

3. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I think those reports were exaggerated. I don't think the event was ever really in that much trouble. Although having Jeff Sessions read stories to kids seemed a little....odd. But Trump having to be reminded to do the right thing is sad.

It seems there always has to be someone there to catch his fall, keep him coloring in the lines, or keeping him on the road so he doesn't swerve over a cliff. We don't have advisors in the White House, we have minders.

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

He also took a hat from a young child in the crowd who asked him to sign it. He signed it and then threw it into the crowd, laughing.

5. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow.

It perhaps has happened before, but have presidents genuinely signed autographs before? I don't recall ever seeing a single president ever do that. Selfies, handshakes and baby kisses, yes. But autographs, nope..don't remember a sitting president do that. Perhaps I just missed it.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yup

But I had to google it.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Twice no less.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

So what if he didn't place his hand over his heart. It isn't a law that one has to. Being proud of one's country and history is not about being a robot of the masses.

I think the OP made much ado out of nothing, just so he could bash the President.

9. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Agree, but Fox News would have a field day if it were Michelle giving Obama a nudge to place his hand over his heart.

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Yet conservatives complain kids don't do that to the flag while saying the pledge.

11. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I don't care what label is being talked about. My comment crosses political labels.

One doesn't have to put his or her hand over the heart, in order to have respect and honor.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I agree.

13. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And I think you are being too dismissive of both me, and what is customary for the commander in chief (of all people) to do. If not him, then who? No one? Let me repeat....commander in chief. Should he not salute troops either?

And yeah, I will bash every single wrong thing this President does. Someone has to, since I don't think you will be.

14. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Didn't you guys see - he had a mini heart attack and Melania had to prop him up. Unfit to be president /s.

He was probably tired and had a moment, which is understandable. However, my perception is that this is the sort of thing that if a democrat did it, a certain segment (a lot of whom support Trump) would be screaming that the said democrat hated America.

15. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't think he was tired. Look at his face and where he was looking. He was literally mesmerized by the crowd before him. He is obsessed with crowds and their adoration of him. He feeds off of the energy like a vampire.

16. oldmacs macrumors 68040

I truly despise Trump, believe me, but maybe in this instance it was just a slip of concentration... We're all human!

17. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He's not. :D

18. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Would someone please turn off lane departure warning and let him drive off that cliff?

19. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I have mixed feelings about that. Do we really want him going over a cliff when it comes to financial matters that may hurt our pocketbooks? Or over the cliff on an issue like North Korea?

20. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Hmmmmm. Well no. But I hope there are people in key positions that would say NO to commands that could truly hurt our country.
    I'm thinking back to the movie A Few Good Men. There are commands that come from the top that protect our country, commands that will help the UN solve world problems. Then there are others that when you hear it, ya look at the commander and think, are you out of your friggin mind? What's really scary is that Trump may very well be out of his frigging mind.

21. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

It happens. Sometimes accidental sometimes intentional. Another much ado about nothing.

Another thread, another swing and a miss.

IMG_6985.JPG

22. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah see...that's not good. Where was Michele to elbow him? :D

23. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Why was she needed? I don't think he made a mistake. I think he did it intentionally. Oh well.

24. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Why intentionally?

25. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Would you say that what President Obama was doing, or not doing, in that photo is "sad"?