Immigrants assault 12 year old girl, no appreciable punishment

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CorvusCamenarum, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Story

Why no one in authority bothered to really look into the matter despite a zero-tolerance policy escapes me, but the perpetrators need to be sent back where they came from, rather than being given two days detention (it's buried somewhere in the comments on one of the posts in the link below).

Mother's blog here
    Apparently a reporter found the blog and arranged contact with the mother, which in turn spawned the above article.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Not sure what point you're trying to make by titling the thread "immigrants".

Perhaps you can explain.

Why didn't you simply say, "Boys assault girl...?

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Why does it matter if they're immigrants? I guess American kids never do anything like this... :rolleyes:

The issue is bullying, not where the kids are from.

4. flipster macrumors 6502a

I read it, and he means that these kids are immigrants from poor countries like Ethiopia, meaning they probably have a hard life, and terrible human interaction skills. It makes me sick to see how to school handled that situation.

5. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

The school and police mishandled this terribly. This is violent bullying. They need to be disciplined more than a two day suspension.

6. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

Being from a third world country doesn't make you more likely to have poor "social skills". I don't see what you're basing that on. If it's crime, then India has a lower crime rate than the US; does that mean Americans have poorer social skills?

7. flipster macrumors 6502a

No, just basing it off of the high school that I go to.

Example: "La Quanda" from Mexico at my school tends to inflict fear and give an attitude to everyone. Im basing it off their backgrounds, no racism intended. Usually when students come from poorer countries, they have harder lives, and usually worse attitudes towards people. Again im basing this off of the 90% of the time that I see this