immigration lawyers?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jxyama, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. jxyama macrumors 68040


    Apr 3, 2003
    anyone here an immigration laywer or studying immigration law or has relevant personal experience dealing with immigration law?

    i just want some friendly advices... (but please post real information only... i've seen "green card" the movie, and i don't really want amateur "opinions" ...)

    my friend's situation is this: he is a permanent resident. his gf isn't. if they got married, what is she entitled to? green card? work visa?

    if he was to become an u.s. citizen, does anything change? i assume yes - then, how so?

  2. Foxer macrumors 65816


    Feb 22, 2003
    Washington, DC
    OK. Your permanent resident status entitles her to nothing. In fact, it may negatively effect her applciation for a visa, since there is a pretty strong indication that she will not be returning home.

    If you were to become a citizen, and you were to marry, she would be eligable for citizenship as well.

    The basis for my knowledge is professional experience and training, but all about 10 years old. This sort of thing doesn't change, and I'm not aware of any changes since then.

Share This Page