iMovie 08 and an unwanted p.orn video

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stenoboy, Dec 14, 2007.

1. stenoboy macrumors newbie

Every time I hit the camera import button in iMovie, I get a file listed that's an ex-Big Brother member from the UK in a compromising position (or two). I don't have this movie on any storage devices connected to my computer and hadn't seen it until it appeared by itself in iMovie. This movie selects itself by putting a tick in the little box under it.

Is there 1) a way of finding where this movie lives or gets itself listed? I've deleted all my projects but it still appears; and 2) is this some kind of a Mac trojan horse or virus that's installed itself? I haven't been to any dodgy sites or downloaded anything stupidly.

There's nothing in preferences to say where a file can be pulled from or anything like that.

Any advice welcome!

2. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

3. stenoboy thread starter macrumors newbie

No, just me. It's very strange.

Also, I cannot find the name of the file in any way that I can see. That way at least I could locate and delete it.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

1.) can you control click on it there might be a "reveal in finder" option or select it and press "reveal in event browser" under Edit. Or you could spotlight for the file.

2.)No it is not.

5. stenoboy thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems to have disappeared of its own accord. Don't know what's going on with this computer today - lots of freezes and crashes.