iMovie - How to keep the quality of the movies after they are exported

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BK37, Jan 31, 2015.

1. BK37 macrumors newbie

I am creating a video series for a product that is about to launch. The video was recorded on an iPad. When I exported the finished video, the color quality went way down. When I watch the footage in iMovie, the video clips and the .jpeg slides that were created in Photoshop look great, very sharp. When I watch the exported movie in iTunes, the color quality is terrible. the picture becomes blurry. Red is a main color of the movie, now it looks very pale and it lost it's sharpness.

How can I improve this?

I did also export it as a Quicktime MP4, and the quality was a bit better. Still not good enough to launch the product.

Also, I am working with iMovie '08 on my iMac running on OS X 10.6.8. Is there any upgrade that I can get to enhance this problem?

Thanks

2. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

When you render something, you're usually degrading the quality so that the final output size in small enough to work with on DVD or across the web. There are lossless formats, non of which would be what you're looking for.

Rendering will degrade the quality from which you see in your timeline. That's the purpose of rendering. Fine tune it or choose a different codec.

3. BK37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the input. How do you consider fine tuning the video?

And what is codec? How does it work?

Thanks