iMovie not recognizing videos I used in project after redownloading them to my iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Glassed Silver, May 24, 2012.

1. Glassed Silver macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

Heya guys,

this bugs me to no end, because I cannot export my finished video anymore.
    Here's what happened:

I created a project with a couple of videos and a soundtrack (5 videos and 1 music title)
    I edited it for hours literally (so losing this project would be fatal)
    I forgot to export it/move the project to iMovie for Mac
    I imported the used videos into my Aperture 3 library and deleted them on my iPhone
    I tried opening the project later on in iPhone's iMovie and obviously this is what I get:
    "Missing videos - Some videos could not be found because they have been either moved or renamed. Do you want to look for the missing videos?" (translated freely from my German message)
    So I click "Yes" and this is what I get although I re-downloaded the videos to my iPhone:
    "Searching complete - None of the missing videos was found. If the missing videos are on your computer, synchronize them to your device and restart iMovie.":confused:

It's terrible...:(
    I'm jailbroken on 5.0.1 and the project was started on I think 4.3.1 or something, so yes, there's been a couple of upgrades since and obviously I don't have the latest iMovie atm, as it's not compatible with 5.0.1 and I'm not sure wether this might destroy all my chances to get the project back on its feet.

Having a jailbroken device obviously means I have the ability to do some deeper digging/fixing if needed. :)

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Glassed Silver:mac

2. Glassed Silver, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

Glassed Silver thread starter macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

bump & update

Heya,

I'm now on 5.1.1, not yet jailbroken, but I'll jb as soon as one of the two USB ports on my fiancée's MacBook is free again. :)

Also, I'm pondering whether to update my iMovie app.
    What do you guys think?
    Current iMovie version is the latest you could get until the updates required 5.1

Thanks for your attention and if anyone has this problem, too and wonders how to resolve it (560 views and no reply? :confused: Bad chances to resolve my issue I guess? :() - then feel free to post you're experiencing the same issue.

Apple discussion boards don't help either it seems...
    *grr*

Glassed Silver:mac

edit: / addition:

Updated iMovie to latest version, because I hoped it'd have a bugfix.
    Still won't recognize my videos. :(