iMovie not submitting videos to YouTube in HD anymore?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobjoefredsky, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Bobjoefredsky macrumors newbie

I have a Cannon video camera and I submit clips of my fish to YouTube, and it used to submit videos in 1080p but somewhere along the way it stopped doing that so its only 360p now.

How do I change it back? When I import video clips to a project, I go to file>import>movies>(video clip) then I select "optimize video" and choose "large" so it imports without messing up video quality.

But it still keeps uploading the actual video in 360p! When I watch my video clips on iMovie full screen playback, its definitely 1080p and it looks beautiful. Why does it change it to 360p when I upload to YouTube?

I click share>youtube. But after I title the video and everything, I try to click the button to HD (1080p) but everything except 360p turns grey, meaning I can't click it

HELP ME PLEASE

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

First of all when you import ''large" video it's only at 960x540. Also, I would export using quicktime, make sure you have full resolution selected, and then upload the resulting file to YouTube via your browser that way you know exactly what you are going to get on the YouTube watch page.

3. Bobjoefredsky thread starter macrumors newbie

But you can't compile or add effects using QuickTime

It's not a difficult question. I was able to do it in HD before and all I want is to have that option back

----------

Wait I'm confused how do you export to QuickTime? So can I make my video on iMovie then export the whole thing to QuickTime and upload it from there?

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

There's an option in the share drop down called Export Using Quicktime. Use that, or if I remember correctly there's a share option called Export that gives you several options, one of them being HD 1080p. Keep in mind if you use this option it will default to low quality 128kbps audio, while Export Using Quicktime allows you to customize the bitrate for both audio and video (recommended).

5. Bobjoefredsky thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry dude I'm not techy at all. So is this an option for iMovie or is this ALL of QuickTime?

----------

So this is under iMovie? What tab do I find it in? File? Edit?

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

This option is for iMovie. If you reread my first sentence, I said you'll find it in the Share drop down. :apple:

7. Bobjoefredsky thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you I love you