iMovie Question - Mixing Portrait iPhone videos with 1080p Widescreen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBreatheApple, Mar 18, 2013.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

If I have an event in iMovie and majority of my footage is in widescreen; is there a way to place something behind the portrait video so I don't have huge black bars on either side during those segments? I'd even be fine with having multiple of the same footage going simultaneously side by side I just don't want the letterboxing. :apple:

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You could try dropping the portrait video on top of another clip/still photo/background and using the Picture in Picture option.

4. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

This leaves me with a problem of letterboxing still, I don't know how to get those black bars and I guess even if I could have three of the same video going side-by-side that still wouldn't work because of the letterboxing. :mad:

Attached Files:

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

6. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

HAHAHAHA. That has got to be one of the most hilariously relatable videos ever. In any event, I've decided to just rotate the video and make them sideways. It's just a "clubbing" video so that will have to do. :eek: