Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
I'm looking for a mini-dock connector for my iPod in the car. With line out capbability:

One is the Anyone have views on whether to get a Sik imp or a SendStation PocketDock Combo
Obviously the imp comes with a charger for the car, whereas the PocketDock does not, but the PocketDock is smaller.

Any views on build quality or other experiences?

Thanks.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
I have no experience with any of them... but for the same price 29,95 you get a charger with the Sik Imp...
in case of size... well it seems indeed that the sendstation is smaller, but since you'll need to plug cables into it.. there is no big difference with the Sik Imp in size, only gets this one connector on-a-cable, and for the other one they're build-in

I would say from my point of view: you need a charger? get the Sik Imp, because it comes with a charger, don't need a charger now? get the sendstation, because then you'll only have one cable coming out of there...

for now I only use a cassette adaptor for my iPod, but when I get a new car or stereo in the car I'll get one with Line-in and then I'll change the whole setup... and then I need one of these ;-)

Goodluck choosing!

J

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
I'll report back on the Imp. I went with it after reading a review on ipodlounge that said the powerdock doesn't latch into the port on the ipod. THat could be a problem. I prefer the style of the dock, but the value of the Imp is unquestionably better. I'll see what happens . . .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.