import/mounting CDs in Leopard—bug

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lord patton, Nov 9, 2007.

1. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

I've noticed this behavior on both my upgrade installation of Leopard, as well as the clean install I performed subsequently.

Sometimes when I put a CD into my 12" PB, the CD doesn't mount. That is, the CD's contents flash on iTunes (after the optical drive makes its noise) but then disappears. The CD doesn't appear on the desktop or finder, either.

This doesn't happen on every CD. However, 100% of the time ejecting the CD and reinserting it works properly. So it's not a show-stopper now, but I'd like to know what's going on.

Any ideas? Can I remount the CD, perhaps using disk utility or something, without ejecting and reinserting? Is this more likely a software bug or is my optical drive failing?

2. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I also had this problem. And I posted about it but no one had any answers.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=375541

The only thing that I try to do now is once I insert the CD, I don't do anything. Don't load any programs, no links, etc... Just let iTunes load the CD. This seems to have solved my problem.

3. lord patton thread starter macrumors 65816

lord patton

Dude, explain your screen name? Would it have anything to do with Mike Patton's first band? (if yes, take a look at my screen name :D)

Edit: just saw your signature... I'd say that's a whoppin' affirmative! My license plate is:

MBUNGLE