Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
Figured I would start this up again!

1) Make sure your billing profiles are set up. ie Express checkout on apple.com or similar on carrier sites... It will make your life easier if the site is slow..

2) Your phone will only be shipped to the address of the account holder... BUT you can redirect the package in route normally..

3) Print out your print sign letter once shipped..

Probably forgot something so feel free to add.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
2) Your phone will only be shipped to the address of the account holder... BUT you can redirect the package in route normally...

Wow, really? (have never ordered online before but wanted to this year)

Guess I'll be waiting in line then.

Thanks for the good info jtp098! :)

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Wow, really? (have never ordered online before but wanted to this year)

Guess I'll be waiting in line then.

Thanks for the good info jtp098! :)

I think that's only if you order through your carrier. If you order through Apple, it should be shipped to your Apple ID address.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
If you're not the account owner, make sure you have the appropriate info required for your carrier.

AT&T: billing zipcode and last-four of SSN

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
WHEW!

Thanks mate :)

Saved me quite a headache.

Don't quote me on that, as I'm not 100% sure I am correct, I stated what I believe to be true. Someone who knows for sure, please correct me if I'm wrong. (I hope I'm not wrong, as I may have to make some calls to Apple/FedEx hehe)

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I think that's only if you order through your carrier. If you order through Apple, it should be shipped to your Apple ID address.

For AT&T, Apple will ship only to your wireless billing address.

Attached is a screen clip from Apple's site when trying to change shipping address on a mock order for a 5c I just tried.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 50

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
For AT&T, Apple will ship only to your wireless billing address.

Attached is a screen clip from Apple's site when trying to change shipping address on a mock order for a 5c I just tried.

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I'll be busy contacting Apple and/or FeEx to change the shipping address. Kinda sucks, but better to find out now than Friday morning.

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
Those are indeed great tips. I would have never in a million years guessed that I am going to have to log into Apple with my account in order to speed up the ordering process. Thanks so much for this helpful tip. I cannot thank you enough. This thread should become a sticky.

allonwang

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2013
• Have your phone out and your computer out at the same time in case one of them goes down.

You don't want the app to crash and then lose precious minutes starting up your computer.

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.