Impossible to turn off the sound.

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by sebban, Dec 9, 2017.

1. sebban macrumors newbie

sebban

Hi,

It is not possible to turn off the sound completelly on my iPhone X when playing a video, spotify, a game etc...

If I turn off the volyme it still sounds but you almost have to put the phone against the ear to hear it.

This really annoys me.

You can test and
    1. Turn off the volyme
    2. Play something
    3. Place phone against your ear and check if you hear whats playing.

2. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

How are you “turning off” your volume? What steps specifically?

3. sebban thread starter macrumors newbie

sebban

With volume down button. And device is muted also with mute button. But their is still sound coming out of it when playing a video, a song etc...
    --- Post Merged, Dec 10, 2017 ---
    Is it not the same for everyone else?

4. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

Have you confirmed in control center that your volume slider is all the way down to Mute? I know the mute switch itself mutes notifications but not necessarily things in which you press play (like videos and songs). I tested this on my 7 and not seeing your behavior.

5. sebban thread starter macrumors newbie

sebban

Thats good point worth checking :) Im gonna check in future if it helps, maybe an app I use makes volume button not able to reach absolute bottom.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 10, 2017 ---
    Il be back in a day or so when I know more avout the problem. Because its been going on a long time for me on and off.

6. sebban thread starter macrumors newbie

sebban

Hello again. I still have this problem, not always but often. Yesterday for example I noticed this problem was active, but today everything working as i should. And I have not restarted my phone since. I think it is an app that causing it maybe, but I have not been able to find which app.

I am just writing this in case someone else maybe have same problem.

7. sebban, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018

sebban thread starter macrumors newbie

sebban

I KNOW THE ANSWER NOW. (partly)

If you have the iPhone muted, then use your airpods. When you then stop using the airpods the iPhone will sound(quietly) even though it is still muted.

Although this can be fixed by turning up and then turning down the volume. But this fix has not always solved my problem, so there is more to it(or another problem). When I first started this thread this was much more problem than now, so I still think some app maybe was the reason. That then got updated.