Impressed with battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman13, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the iPhone 5 battery life so far. Yesterday I had a bunch of standby and well over 6 hours of usage, including cellular browsing, games, downloading apps and benchmarking. Still had about 18% left.

Today, I've been using the phone now for almost 2.5 hours and I'm still only down to 77%. That's on pace for over 10 hours of usage (not counting the standby time.) Really nice for a lighter, thinner phone with a bigger screen.

2. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Today will be the true test for me. I'm curious what ill get.

3. megapopular macrumors 6502a

I'm looking forward to the battery life today since I did my first full run down and recharge overnight. The extra two hours of Internet usage time is a big deal to me. Getting like 10 hours would be awesome!

4. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I am amazingly impressed also, battery life it's great!

5. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Can you post a screenshot of the battery usage? I'd like to see how mine compares.

6. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Battery has been great. Better than my 4s. I will not have problems with this for sure.;)

Some will, no matter what! You can't make everyone happy:mad:

7. tkwlee macrumors member

Which network are you using? 3G or LTE? Many people are complaining about iPhone 5's battery usage.

8. megapopular macrumors 6502a

I think people have to remember that the battery won't perform as best when you first get it... It'll typically improve no matter what but doing several full rundowns and recharges where you leave the phone plugged in for approximately 2 hours after it posts as full will help you get overall better battery life. And also, repeating the rundown process like once a month is good for it, too!