Improved Version of Samsung's New Ad!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JS82712, Sep 15, 2012.

1. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

So, Samsung today decided to release an ad that not only excludes the key features of the iPhone 5, but also bundle every important software features into a mere "iOS 6" while spewing out some gimmicky garbage on their s3 into a long list.
    Now, we all know how desperate and scared Samsung is, but let's have some fun out of them too!

Here's the original:
    [​IMG]

Here's the revised ad:
    [​IMG]

2. appswipe macrumors 6502

3. lazard macrumors 65816

4. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Let's repeat the other thead!

[​IMG]

By the way we have no idea how much cores the A6 has. I can assure you it's not 4, either one or two.

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

Both versions are kind of sad. Both leave out some nice features that the other has. If Samsung was truly confident that people thought their products were superior then they wouldn't need to put out an ad like this one.

6. lazard macrumors 65816

I guess Steve Jobs had no confidence in his products when he released all those "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads.

7. appswipe macrumors 6502

I guess you haven't seen the I'm a Mac ads...

[edit. Repeated Point. I'm glad im not the only one with selective memory]

8. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

9. gadget123 macrumors 68000

They are just worried people will go Iphone rather than Galaxy.

Back to the drawing board for the Galaxy 4 in two months I think. :p

10. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

11. KPOM macrumors G5

If you recall, he didn't put out ads with checklists of specs. They were more cleverly done.

12. dojoman macrumors 65816

I have tried these so called innovations feature that actually failed to impress in reality. Let's see what happens when I tried them.

Palm Swipe Capture = I tried it but did not work at all on my phone, not sure what I was doing wrong. Swipe with side of palm like Karate chop but I tried many times in a lit room. Not able to do it.
    How long does it take to take screen shot by pressing power + home button on Android?

Smart Stay = When I tried it works from time to time but apparently does not work in dimly lit room. Front camera does not check your eyes all the time to conserve battery but checks the time interval that setup for auto off. For example when you set 1 minute auto off it will check every minute but if your face is happen to be off-screen for a moment it checks (1 minute mark) screen will turn off. Good idea but poor execution.

Tilt to Zoom = gimmick that will make you look like an idiot trying to zoom picture. How hard to pinch to zoom?

Picture in Picture = works on Samsung video app, not sure if it works on Youtube. I don't even use PIP on my big screen TV why even make this?

Palm Touch Mute Pause = another feature I was not able to execute. Not sure if it only works on music or other apps but I thought Turn over to mute is suppose to do that already?

Direct Call = Again how hard to click the phone number?

13. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Seeing this has to make me wonder if it is even worth it to include these "features" if half of them are either pointless or half functional. I guess to bloat one's specification sheet.

14. U2megafan macrumors newbie

the reason this ad is really stupid is because it just doesnt make a point at all. For the first things, it compares its features directly with the iPhone. Either they are the same, or what is actually better is debatable. Some people dont want a phone thats as huge as the S3, and i don't know why they are promoting the resolution when it has a lower pip. What plan was that.

But then after the plug comparison, they just look dumb because they just dont list any iphone features. This is really a stupid advertisement all the way around.