Improvements to Siri in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KeithJenner, Nov 7, 2011.

1. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

I don't know whether this has been mentioned, I couldn't see anything on a quick look through the threads.

When I first got my 4s, I had a play around with Siri using locations. I tried asking what the weather was like in Boston and, as I kind of expected, it gave me the weather in Boston, MA.

On further playing around, it seemed to only really work with major UK cities. For example, York and Sheffield were OK, but Northampton also gave a US city.

Anyway, at the weekend I wanted to check what the time was in Boston, MA due to the clocks changing. I asked Siri and it gave me the UK time. It obviously thought I was referring to Boston, UK.

So, I tried some other bits and it seems that the UK coverage has improved a lot. It gave me weather for a lot of UK towns, and in any conflict it seemed to use the UK one.

Perhaps it was just playing up when I originally tried it, but to me it does look like Siri is getting better already.

2. bp1000 macrumors 65816

It hasn't given me and U.S info yet so i can't compare but it does weather in my local towns no problem

3. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

About three weeks ago, I asked it for the weather in Glasgow and it worked well.