Improving music and ringtone sound quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JetBlack7, Apr 19, 2012.

1. JetBlack7, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012

JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Can anyone tell me how can I improve the sound quality for my music and ringtones? I wanted to enhance it so the sound becomes louder, in the ringtone case is so I can hear them from far far away when I'm not near my iPhone.

I'm talking about messing with iTunes preferences/options.

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Try these...

Attached Files:

3. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I would prefer you'd kept your mouth shut instead of being a smartass. Thank you.

4. batmangorden macrumors member

batmangorden

One thing you can do that slightly helps is mess with the equalizer in the ipod setting of your iphone. Different equalizers can have a slightly higher sound than others.

Not by too much but I mess with it on occasion to get that extra umph.

There is a way thru itunes to lower/higher the volume cap on the iphone sound.

I too lazy to look it up right now though.

5. batmangorden macrumors member

batmangorden

First you highlight a song you want to higher.

Then you right click, and choose "get info".

Then you go to the "options" tab, and wala......you can adjust the sound on the song you chose.

I'm assuming if you want to do multiple songs, you just highlight multiple ones, then adjust the volume accordingly.

Attached Files:

6. JetBlack7 thread starter macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Thanks, already did that! :) Is there another way?

7. burne macrumors 6502

burne

You can't. You can make a sound perhaps a bit louder, but that will decrease the quality of the sound.

That very tiny speaker in the bottom of the case can produce a certain amount of noise, and once you reach the maximum level it will not get any louder, only more distorted.

What you can do is experiment which sound you hear best. I use a R2D2-yelp as ringtone. High-pitched and very unlike other sounds you hear everyday, so it stands out over music, noise etc.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Re-encode at a higher quality (you DO have the original music, right?), although I'm not sure the highest the phone can handle, and I'm also not sure that the volume increase in iTunes transfers over to the phone.

9. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Geeze...How about a little sense of humor. Wasn't trying to get you angry...lol!

On a serious note, I'm kinda confused. You say you want to adjust the volume per track/ring tone within iTunes. Then someone gives you the instructions, but you say you already tried it. What other way would there be to adjust volume within itunes? If there is some secret way, I am anxious to know as well.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Quality and volume are two different things. As stated above you can adjust volume to some degree within the file but if that's not enough then you're out of luck.

11. DJJAZZYJET macrumors 6502

Remastering

As a music producer, I can make things sound louder but not distort, its all part of mixing.

If you want, PM me and we can discuss me beefing up your ringtones ;) (Free, me no charge u) :cool:

12. burne macrumors 6502

burne

'Sound louder' won't work. Reducing dynamics will make the softer bits louder, but the peak volume remains unchanged. And if the ambient noise level is loud enough it will still down out your ringtone.

(Which was the objective OP stated..)

13. DJJAZZYJET macrumors 6502

Using plugins like the Transient Shaper, Compression, Limiting, EQ Balancing, allow you to get rid of unneeded frequencies like the low end (bass) to give more room for mids and treble, in turn making the 'sound louder'.