in America everyone gets their fair share of....

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by whoknows87, Sep 16, 2012.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

seems like here in America every group had their fair share of bashing and concealed hate propagated by the media inadequate and dishonest coverage of certain events and doing a great job of keeping people in the dark

in no particular order all these groups have suffered, Native Americans, irish immigrants, the Japanese, Blacks, now the hispanic immigrants and of course the moslems, I wonder who is next, funny thing is America is a mix of all of the above, but still some hate on others.....

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Scape goats for the disappointment and disillusionment that is modern life. Anything but to point the finger at the people really responsible - each and every one of us.

edit: it's not just the media either.

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Good thing this type of scapegoating only happens in America and the rest of the world is a paradise of tolerance and acceptance.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Could be the fact that some break immigration, fraud, and privacy laws as their first acts on US soil. I don't really see how anyone else could be responsible for that.

6. VenusianSky, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Don't forget Italians along with the Irish (I'm am from Irish-Italian heritage). It is the FNG syndrome. It has nothing to do with race or creed. It's simply that nobody likes the new guy or it is not "cool" to like the new guy. :)

Given enough time, some new FNG comes in and previous FNG is no longer new and becomes accepted.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

And your point is? Is America unique? If so, how? I'd say this is a characteristic of when any dissimilar groups of people mix. Do you think blacks and Muslims suffer prejudice? Lets compare to England.

Don't confuse this as a defend the U.S. post. No, I don't have us up on any kind of a pedestal. I just want to be sure I understand what you are saying or implying.

8. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I could not agree more.
    Here in Europe at the moment the boogieman, in many people's eyes is the EU itself. Pointing fingers will not help, but changing systems, getting involved in the process will.

9. VenusianSky, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

that is funny. So the EU is the FNG?

Maybe this world actually needs visitors from another planet. I would like to see the world's response for that sort of FNG coming into our house. Maybe we would finally see that we (humans) aren't that much different after all.

I just watched Spaceballs again last night and I love the part at the end when the Spaceballs land on the planet of the apes world. The one ape says to the other "oh ****...there goes the neighborhood". Classic Mel Brooks!

10. Happybunny macrumors 68000

What is so funny most countries of Europe have be self governing sovereign states for more than a thousand years, so yes the EU is the ********* new guy

11. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

See, it's the FNG syndrome. I like you signature btw, and your avatar.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

While the rest of the world isn't that, the U.S. should be. We should rise above that, not wallow in it too. Especially with the whole "all men are created equal" bit.

13. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

No I don't think you can.