In and out of the apple store in under 5 minutes with reserved phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozreth, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

I know a lot of you that are having troubles can't actually get to an Apple store and thats why you are trying to do it online, but for those of you near one, just go ha.

I walked in and said "I'd like to reserve the new phone." He clicked a bookmark on the computer right next to him, I clicked the model I wanted, put in my apple ID said thank you and walked out. Simple as that.

2. IAmJIve macrumors newbie

so you'll have to wait in line on launch day to pick it up or they'll ship it to you?

3. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

awesome, you are the man.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Unfortunately the 40 people in line don't move quite that fast....

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It has to be picked up and YES there will be a line you will not forget!

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

LOL. He either forgot the last time or is new. :D

7. nszzya macrumors member

From MacWorld:

You have several options here in the U.S.. As you might imagine, iPhone 4 is available for pre-order from Apple’s online store for either home delivery or in-store pick-up. (At recent product launches—most notably last year’s iPhone 3GS rollout and, more recently, the iPad release—a pre-ordered store pickup saves you from having to stand in line at the Apple Store.) Similarly, you can place a pre-order with AT&T for pick-up at its store locations.

Will there be two lines? One huge line for the pre-orders and one 10X longer for those going in cold.

8. Nagooya macrumors 6502

Nagooya

This is the same process as reserving an iPad, right?

When I reserved my iPad I just showed up at the apple store and did what the OP said. Apple emailed me 2 days later saying to pick it up, so wouldnt this work the same way?

∆∆∆ Tri Delta!

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

If you reserve yours now, it'll be ready on launch day, along with hundreds of other customers. The only way to handle that situation is to line the customers up. One line for customers with reservations, one line for customers without reservations.