In call sound quality(Iphone 5)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dvboy, Sep 23, 2012.

1. dvboy macrumors regular

Coming from an Iphone 4 I am finding the Iphone 5 calls much cleaner sounding,haven't heard any comments on this subject,but for me its a really nice improvement.

2. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

I'll be the first to comment that I definitely agree with your statement. I was in a really busy NYC Apple Store last night (SoHo for those keeping score at home) and was walking my mom and dad through setting up her first iPhone (4S). It was very clear, I was able to hear everything they said almost in a way like I was in a quiet room. Very impressed.

And the call clarity overall was much improved with no sporadic drop-outs like I had experienced before. I rarely talk on the phone, but this is just one more feature I appreciate!

3. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

The person I'm talking to sounds good, but any background noise is really distorted.

Guess that's the noise cancelling.

4. iHawaii macrumors member

The best way I can describe the improvement in sound quality in phone calls (speaker, and at the ear) is that the sound quality is significantly more "full". Definite improvement from the 4S.

5. espinozaj168 macrumors newbie

Call Quality

My call quality is great, but other users notice that when I use my earphones to talk the microphone on the phone picks up all the extra background noise and is very sensetive, I would say hypersentetive. So I can hear them fine but they hear me and a lot of background niose. anyone else having that problem