In-car bluetooth and iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by D200, Dec 12, 2011.

1. D200 macrumors newbie

Hi

First post, so be gentle...;)

Ok, my car (VW, new) would turn down the ringer volume when the iPhone connects to the in-car bluetooth radio/phone connection. Now, when I step out of the car, it wouldn't turn up again and consequently, I miss incoming calls. Is there a setting to prevent that or do I have to live with it?

Thanks i advance,

M.

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Do you turn it up when it turns it down? Does your car have BT for both phone and audio streaming? My previous cars did this as does speaker systems. Volume goes down according to that device connection. Sometimes when it disconnects, it doesn't come back up like it's supposed to. I just increase the volume. For me, it doesn't really matter since the volume for the phone and BT audio are different so it's not so super loud and it's still controllable via the car's audio control.

3. D200 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! Well, it goes all the way down (the bars on the iPhone), as soon as it connects and I can't change that as long as it is connected. The car stereo still has its regular volume and the phone device works fine. It is just annoying that the iPhone won't turn the ringer up again (it stays silent, only the vibrator respons) as soon as it disconnects from the car's bluetooth. I don't know about audio streaming, yet (new car...:)).

4. redrog macrumors 6502

redrog

My VW also does this since iOS5. If you check out the Apple support forums and various VW forums you will see many others in the same boat. V. annoying. Please log the bug with Apple and hopefully if enough complain we'll get a fix in the next update.

5. D200 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I am glad it is not just me... (haven't looked around on other forums, so far.)

Thank you!

M.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Doesn't do it with my Bluetooth car kits (Parrot and JVC) so I wonder if the fix will need to come from VW?