In case you havent figured it out: Wikileaks is a Russian Cut Out Operation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Jul 27, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

For those who don't know what a cut-out is:

The evidence has been piling up for literally years that Wikileaks has been used, deliberately, by the Russian Government and security services in an attempt to undermine and disrupt the United States and its allies.

It should hardly come as a surprise then that Edward Snowden found refuge in Russia. It should hardly come as a surprise that
    Since Wikileaks was founded in 2006, has there ever been a leak of documents on the site that revealed embarrassing or compromising information on the Russian Government, its leadership, or its relationships with the numerous oligarchs and organized criminals who control Russia? Answer: No.

Does any reasonable person think that a) the Russians have nothing to hide and b) that somehow they have managed to create an impenetrable cybersecurity system?

Why did Russia Today, the most notorious of Putin's propaganda channels, give Julian Assange a talk show?

There is also the matter of neoNazi sympathizer, and vocal Holocaust-denier, Israel Shamir:

Of course, there is a well-known precedent for all this: The Covert Action Information Bulletin. Ostensibly run as a periodical championing "free speech", it was founded by a disgraced former CIA officer. One who was later revealed to have been funded and supported by the KGB:

I do hope all of our resident Trumpistas take a long hard look at the evidence. And recognize the fact that they - and their orange-haired Duce - are being played for the fools they are by Vladimir Putin.

2. zin macrumors 6502

The desperation is showing in tremendous amounts.

3. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

How is trump connected to the hacking, leak, wikileaks, or putin?

And how many posts in until you abandon another one of your threads?

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

5. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I still can't believe the Russians wrote all of those DNC emails.

[​IMG]

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

"Since Wikileaks was founded in 2006, has there ever been a leak of documents on the site that revealed embarrassing or compromising information on the Russian Government, its leadership, or its relationships with the numerous oligarchs and organized criminals who control Russia? Answer: No."

You're so full of **** it's amazing. Wikileaks has been around for years and exposed misdeeds of nations around the world, including Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/01/wikileaks-cables-russia-mafia-kleptocracy

This is just sad Drew, incredibly sad. This was literally a 10 second google search. There is much more on the actual website.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Comrade, you must not blow my cover.

9. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Did you write that article yourself? Do you work for trump or putin? Or did they joint hire you?

vDrew running from his thread in 5...4...3....
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016 ---
    The tootsie roll owl just loaded for me!

[​IMG]

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i think we can plainly see difference between corporate democrats and liberal democrats in this thread

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

12. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

You don't get: Those weren't Russian diplomatic cables that were leaked. They were US ones.

Nobody working for wikileaks, or contributing to wikileaks, compromised Russian diplomatic or military security.

And I don't think you quite understand what a "cut out" is: Its a "trusted intermediary." That means that not everyone working for wikileaks is a paid Russian agent. But Russian operatives definitely hand information that could be embarrassing to the US over to wikileaks "anonymously" - and let them do their dirty work for them.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

you have yet to explain why that is a necessarily bad thing in absolute terms

14. Populism, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Just curious - poster to poster - how's this approach working out for you?

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No I do get it, we use the same tactics all the time, but if we wave a flag around it and cry out about a boogeyman it's always defendable.

Nulan hand picked the current leader of Ukraine, but god forbid Russia have any type of say in the country in their proximity that they have active treaties with and a naval base within.

Now, when exactly did you have the time to actually comb through the hundreds of gigabytes of wikileaks content for Russian related ones? Immediately after huffing out of the previous thread you clearly made this one in response to?

FYI, there's a russia whistleblower section on wikileaks :rolleyes:

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Wiki leaks has never issued anything they have found on me either. By your reasoning, I am behind the wiki leaks. Gimme a break.

If Russia is behind wiki leaks then kudos. They are doing the work that the American media and journalists should be doing.

I am an American. I love my country and I love the legal citizens of America. I do not like our elected leadership and I have virtually no faith in them.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

so you don't trust the judgement of the people you love?

18. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

The original post is nothing but a pathetic distraction to move the focus of this issue to WikiLeaks itself and AWAY from the CONTENT of the emails that shows that the DNC is run by conniving antisemetic criminals who rigged the system in their favor. The content of the emails is what is important and what we should be discussing, not how they became public.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

No.

I love my daughter. She has terrible judgment and needs guidance.

Loving someone doesn't mean embrassing every stupid choice they make. Loving someone doesn't mean you validate every thought and idea they have.

Do you get it?

20. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

of course i get it. just wanted clarification sheesh

21. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I would hug you if you were next to me right now.

22. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Because there is increasing evidence that those helpful Russian intelligence officers inserted carefully faked e-mails in along with the thousands of real ones. Like one, purported to be from James Caravelle., that surfaced this week, and was almost immediately proven to be fake.

Thats the problem with e-mails. You don't have to worry about watermarks, or signatures, or typefaces.

If "wikileaks" released an e-mail next week that revealed Hillary Clinton's plans to eat roast babies on the White House Lawn, how would anyone prove that it wasn't fake? Even trying to defend such a story would be a disaster.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

What's a legal citizen? (There's no such thing as an illegal citizen, so why the modifier?)

Anyway, this is disingenuous claptrap. You love your country, but you don't mind if an aggressive foreign government is potentially conducting a propaganda campaign against this country, because you're hoping it will hurt "our elected leadership."

Spare me the partisanship hiding behind the patriotism. If the OP's analysis is right, we should be careful about how Wikileaks and other groups could be used to hurt the United States' interests. You think Putin and his counterparts will stop when Trump becomes your man in Havana?

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Most of the threads you create sound just like this.